July 9, 2009
Coronado Park steering Committee
Neighborhood: Andrea Del Galdo, Donna Reiner, Bill Newcomb, Elizabeth Newcomb, Diane Brennan
City: Mark Lamm, Louie Spadafore, Tom Byrne,
Absent: Ruth Powell, Lysistrata Hall, Ken Vonderscher
1. Master plan concepts
b. current plant list
c. rough sketch A over current plant list
1) change walkways
2) 5-6000 sq area for play area, north side, close to restroom. Connections (pathways from Palm & 13th St)
3) Full standard soccer field in “middle” area (220x340) – surface area. Doesn’t include overflow. Runs north/south. Goes over existing softball
4) Restrooms—door open to north
5) Exercise stations – six
6) Move one basketball (south one) and put on east side of other one.
7) Make picnic area in former basketball court
8) Paths from parking lot into park
9) Picnic area/benches in front of pool area, southeast corner…shade trees
10) Low berm in former play area (roughly 3’ high). Add more trees
11) Distance markers on pathways.. 8’ wide
12) Fence panels along alley (20’ long)…open so you can walk thru, but not drive. 6’ high. Entire length of south end of park
13) New restroom – footprint slightly larger. May have storage area in it.
d. rough sketch B---UGH/YUCK
1) Play area shift to west, close to basketball court
2) Basketball courts stay in original area
3) Low berm just to east of south basketball court
4) 5 exercise stations
5) Former play area
e. rough Sketch C
1) play area smaller, but in same area
2) berm in nw corner near basketball court
1. can we enhance bus stop close to corner of 12th St. & Palm? Currently no bench. Needs more shade?
2. can we intersperse “real” trees between palms at parking lot?
Next time will be done in autocad. This will show hardscape and have several layers
Liked Plan A the best.
Next meeting August 13, 2009 @ 5:30