Sept. 10, 2009
Coronado Park steering Committee
Neighborhood: Andrea Del Galdo, Donna Reiner, Elizabeth Newcomb, Diane Brennan
City: Mark Lamm, Tom Byrne, Lysistrata Hall, Pam Smith
Absent: Ruth Powell, Ken Vonderscher, Louie Spadafore
The following are elements already there, added, or enhanced on the proposed park plan:
1. Three ADA picnic pads
2. Outer loop .5 mile
3. Inner loop .36 mile
4. Six exercise stations
5. Staggered fencing on alley side -- access pedestrian wise, but not car wise
6. widen walk on 13th St to 8 foot
7. One full size soccer field
8. Three ADA benches by new play area
9. 14% of current site now shaded
10. will see if Palm side of sidewalk can be widened
11. Berm area in south side of park – at top about 4’, gentle slope (12:1 slope for mowing)
12. Put two basketball courts side by side
13. Play equipment has shade as part of it (not big sails)
1. Add 106 trees – now 30% shade. To use 3-4 different varieties, i.e., Fantex Ash, Pistache. Deciduous ones
2. More trees in current picnic area (north side)
3. When palms die, they will not be replaced with palms, but with other types
4. Picnic tables/benches in front of bath house with a desert tree bosque
Bathroom – modular (concrete block). Dropped in on slab. Not much construction time
Looked at plan overlaid on aerial. Generally 15 years for established canopy to reach max.
Perhaps add a couple of benches in the berm area.
Lighting is not shown on the master plan. 15’ high on paths. Parking lot lights 20’ high. Lights for field approx. 120’. All old lights coming down. New lights will have cut offs on them.
Next meeting Oct. 8 2009 @ 5:30 to have preliminary master plan. Phasing and costs to be plotted.
Proposed to have public meeting at Nov. 5, 2009 at 7. Bring to Parks Board in January.