Coronado Park Improvement Meeting Minutes, Dec 7, 2009
In attendance from Parks and Recreation: None
From the Coronado Neighborhood: Elizabeth Compton, Andrea del Galdo, Bob Meitz, June Meitz, Joe Murphy, Bill Newcomb, Joe Schmidt, Donna Reiner,
Discussion of November Steering Committee Meeting
Synopsis: Only Donna and Elizabeth were able to attend. A discussion of the request for the park plan follows:
• Plan needs to contain verbiage
• The Parks Dept. has agreed to keep the neighborhood informed as the planned renovations go forward
• Lighting is under review by Historic Preservation
• The Parks Dept. will give the neighborhood a list of “renovation priorities. Items to be completed in Phase I and there cost. Some items that were discussed for the first phase are: new restrooms, relocation of and new playground equipment, earthworks for improved vegetation, removal of old lighting, Phase II should contains contingencies for modification of the Plan.
• The Steering Committee will request a meeting with Parks to discuss in December.
There will be an HP Commission meeting at which the lighting issue will be discussed. After the presentation to the neighborhood of the park master plan and incorporation of neighborhood comments (January 7 prior to the general meeting), the City will present the plan at the February Parks Commission meeting for official approval.
Meeting adjourned at 6:55
Submitted by Andrea del Galdo 12/24/09